Here are just a few of my creations - I mainly make cards, but I've been known to dabble

Monday 24 February 2014

Inspired by Marcelle - Torn Base Birthday Cards

Hello again, I hope you're having a wonderful day or night.  For myself, I enjoyed having a day off work today and have had a rather enjoyable weekend making a set of cards that I hope you will enjoy.

My inspiration came from my friend Marcelle, she found a blog post by Marelle Taylor and alot of us have been having a go at making them since Marcelle ran with it and inspired us all!

Basically, the gist of it is that you make a card base with coloured cardstock, tear off part of the front part and then replace with other/white cardstock stamped with designs on there.

Here are the ones I've made, first picture is the front, second is the insides.  I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I did making them!



Cheers and have a happy creative day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Karen, you sure had fun with that design! love them all, would make a great set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcelle! You need to post some of yours on your blog!

      I really like that blue one at the bottom, such a pretty blue (I always think of it as superman blue!) lol. I think if I do more I might not tear such large parts out, seems a bit more elegant with a straight-ish torn edge, more like what you and Cheryl are doing.

      Delete